Our trailer

Our trailer

Monday, July 24, 2017

Unlimited AT&T data for $20 a month

I am going to interupt getting caught up to tell you all about the last mobile hotspot service I picked up. AT&T through their Connected Car service offers unlimited data for $20 a month via a Mobley. You get a Mobley from the AT&T site, it is free with a two year contract and a $45 activation fee. It is intended to plug into the OBD II port on vehicles 1996 and newer however a adapter can be bought from ebay or Amazon that will allow you to run it outside of the car.

This is the site to buy from

AT&T ZTE Mobley

these are adapters for using it outside of the car.

Amazon page of Mobley adapters

Now I have Cricket with calling, texting and 12 gigs of data that can be accessed via a hotspot for $65 a month. It is throttled to 8 Mbps, does not roam and is low on the priority list when things get congested. I am dropping it to bare minimum in favor of the Mobley which is unthrottled, roams and is only prioritized IF I go over 22 Gigs and then only IF I am on a congested tower. It was a hassle to get but certainly worth it. I now have unlimited data on Verizon. AT&T and Sprint, as well as unlimited streaming on T-Mobile, it all cost me $56 a month.

So if you are hitting the road and want unlimited data over a major carrier, get a AT&T Mobley. 

No comments:

Post a Comment